xgirl's x-files x-perience REVISITED

xgirl's x-files x-perience REVISITED

Saturday 8 March 2014

8XAB16 - Vienen

Summary


They're coming. They and many others, apparently. In a way, I suppose they've always been coming, ever since Mulder visited Puerto Rico and met up with that Jorge fella who drew the alien head on the bathroom wall and wanted to push that red button. (Was I the only one who was reminded of Little Green Men when Doggett was trying to communicate with the Mexican dude?) I only have random thoughts to offer this time and the reason will become clear when I discuss the best/worst moment below.... What a long teaser; it felt like an eternity. And while some people have applauded the return of the black oil, I gotta wonder what that really means, if anything. After all, these aliens have nothing to do with the shape-shifters who are already threatening to take over the world, right? Anyway, supposedly the oiliens have a talent that we never knew about before — they can imitate a solar flare and irradiate the crap out of you.... And there goes another non-attempt at a vaccine despite a body that was seemingly immune. Scully knows better anyway; we don't need no stinkin' vaccine when a good dose of anti-virals will take care of what ails ya.... Oh, for those who are counting, nothing about this episode reminded me of Star Trek.... Did Walter Skinner get castrated at some point when I wasn't looking? Not much else would be a suitable explanation for his behaviour, unless he's also a PodPerson.... I hate the look on Scully's face when Mulder steps into Kersh's office and remarks that it's "just like old times". (You couldn't be more wrong, Mulder.) Can she not afford to look like she cares about him two weeks in a row? No wonder I can't buy it when she does try to go all soft on him.... Although, it looks like this week, the hint is that Mulder might indeed be "daddy", wink, wink. Kill me now.... Speaking of, is someone going to kill Kersh soon? I don't know how much more of him I can take.... Looked like good money was spent on the location shoot and explosive effects. Reminded me of the good old days... for about two seconds.

Best or Worst Moment


I liked the Mulder quip about peeing in Kersh's cereal/corn flakes, whatever the actual line was. The worst moment was not even a moment from the show. Sometime during the viewing of this episode, I realized that David Duchovny's return and presence can't even revive the passion that's died. That sorry thought occurred to me as I absently noted that I'd have to give this one a "good" rating but it wasn't because I personally found it to be "good". Three more episodes and then I can just say goodbye and move on. Like Mulder (?), I think I'm just tired of the runaround.

Original Rating: * * *

No comments:

Post a Comment