xgirl's x-files x-perience REVISITED

xgirl's x-files x-perience REVISITED

Friday 7 March 2014

8ABX15 - DeadAlive

Summary


"I liked this. I really liked this." I didn't love it (because I think the time has definitely passed for me to say that about this show) but at least the story-telling was more engaging in this part than in the previous. (I stand by my assessment from the last ep that this story didn't need to be drawn out into a two-parter, and I'm glad that it is apparently not a three-parter!) Did anyone else think that Nick Lea was a sight for sore eyes? What is it about him that makes me think that something is right in this TXF world?? Despite his reputation, I found myself cheering for him during his "manly man" battle with Doggett. (And we all know that Krycek loves to get beat on, so he gladly took the blows from Doggett like he used to take them from Mulder.) When he offered up the "Mulder's life for Scully's baby" thing, I thought to myself, "Take the deal, Skinner". (Of course, any interest that Krycek has in Scully's baby means that this isn't a conventional baby, but then, I've already come to terms with that bit of insanity.) Wonderful of Ratboy to rescue the infamous nameplate. I'm almost ready to believe in the true love story here: Krycek and Mulder. Enjoyed the elevator scene immensely. "Who are you telling to go to hell when I've got the all-powerful Nano Palm Pilot thingie??" But I had to laugh at Skinner's move to grab the unit from the desk. A better move would have been to shoot him, but where would that leave us? Question: how come it's so easy for Krycek to gain access anywhere?? So... the aliens are doing a take on the "Invasion of the Body Snatchers" routine without being quite as efficient about it. Gotta say that if that's their way to take over the world, it's gonna take a bit of time and a lot of cooperation from earthlings who have a sudden need to exhume bodies after they've been buried for three months. This aspect of the story just gets more ridiculous as time goes on.... which leads us to the "return" of Mulder. He didn't fool me with his opening quip, but I found it just a tad unbelievable that he'd pull such a joke after what he'd been through. (Because I don't think that he'd be so incredibly lucid that soon after awakening.) What sticks in my mind is that there's still no declaration of love at any point from Scully. Think we're ever going to get any beyond what'll be in the flood of fanfic that people are invariably writing right now??

Best or Worst Moment


I loved it when Doggett called Scully on her beliefs. About time someone asked this season's version of Dana Scully just what she thinks she believes versus what she so arrogantly insists that others should believe. LOVED the look on Doggett's face as he walked away from her, leaving her with her mouth hanging open and unable to answer. (On the other hand, I was starting to gag on all the blatant attempts by CC and FS to convince us that JD's a good guy. So much sensitivity and caring towards Scully that he'd risk a promising career and become Kersh's new whipping boy... ooh, I believe that.)

Original Rating: * * *

No comments:

Post a Comment