xgirl's x-files x-perience REVISITED

xgirl's x-files x-perience REVISITED

Sunday 2 March 2014

FICTION: All Our Yesterdays

What a man thinks when time stands still...

ALL OUR YESTERDAYS was the last story that I wrote, inspired by "bits" of ideas that did not find their way into any of my previous works.

While it's structured somewhat differently from my other stories (in that it is actually three separate unrelated stories), I actually like it. And from a distance of thirteen years, I think it rings true with what I have just seen via the revisitation of the series.

The story takes place after Mulder's abduction in Requiem and the premise is that he is having these visions from his past. The first mini story is a "prickly" encounter in the immediate aftermath of The End, when emotions are raw from the fire and from the circumstances surrounding the x-files division. It is the end of that famous run during S5 in which I interpreted much chaos in their relationship, all of it unvoiced at the time. It is the part of the story that provides the requisite angst. ;-)

The second encounter is from far more innocent days: Mulder and Scully's first Christmas as partners. No ghosts or mystery gift giving here, just some early UST.

The third part is a continuation of one of my favourite episodes, The Unnatural. Didn't you wonder what else was said after "Shut up, Mulder, I'm playing baseball"? I did.

No comments:

Post a Comment