xgirl's x-files x-perience REVISITED

xgirl's x-files x-perience REVISITED

Sunday 24 November 2013

5X05 - Christmas Carol

Summary


There's a certain part of me that wants to rate this one "poor" for the fact that I object to this whole storyline, but I guess I shouldn't be so judgmental. If CC and Co. wants to invoke ScullyAngst over her inability to have a kid, so be it. Quite frankly, to paraphrase Mulder from Home, I still don't see Scully as a mother. Moreover, when I first saw this one, I spent the whole time waiting for Mulder to make an appearance beyond the "Hello? Hello?" scene, which means that I basically got more and more annoyed as the hour wore on. I did like the return of Melissa in flashback, however, although I groaned at the continuity error regarding the necklace. All in all, this one ranks up there as one of those TXF eps that I'd just as soon pretend never happened.

Best or Worst Moment


I feel so indifferent towards this ep that I almost thought that I had nothing to offer for best or worst, but on second and third thought, I'll pick the conversation with Melissa. Most notably the part where she tells Scully that she doesn't know who she might eventually meet at the FBI who could end up changing her life, so to speak. Nice touch to an otherwise blah ep.

Original Rating: * *

No comments:

Post a Comment