xgirl's x-files x-perience REVISITED

xgirl's x-files x-perience REVISITED

Thursday 21 November 2013

5X01 - Unusual Suspects

Summary


Although I'm never a fan of the Mulder-lite eps, this one actually managed to achieve what a lot of episodes fail to deliver on... repeat viewing value. I actually like this one more the more I watch it and I think that's a solid reflection on how Vince Gilligan put together this script. His characterization of Susanne Modeski is wonderfully well-rounded and realistic. Signy Coleman does a great job of portraying her with the just the right mix of vulnerability and gut-wrenching strength. And while I've never watched Homicide, I thought that what Richard Belzer did with his role was quite entertaining and effective also. Overall, I can't say that I had ever wondered too much about how the Lone Gunmen came to be, but it was interesting to see some background and note their not-too-particularly-friendly beginnings, which to me were totally expected given their obvious differences.

Best or Worst Moment


That whole warehouse scene was riveting. Loved the appearance of X, the "jabbering" version of Mulder ripping off his clothes, the heart-stopping fright shown by the boys, and the guts displayed by Modeski.

Original Rating: * * *

No comments:

Post a Comment