xgirl's x-files x-perience REVISITED

xgirl's x-files x-perience REVISITED

Saturday 19 October 2013

3X20 - Jose Chung's From Outer Space

Summary


Season three was my first regular exposure to TXF. As such, I've always thought that I never really "got" this episode, which so many fans revere and count among their faves, some even elevating this hour to the peak of the show's creative success. That much admiration I find difficult to understand. Because even though I've since become immersed in the culture of the show, this one still doesn't score that highly with me. I do find it amusing, but to me, it's not so entirely laugh-out-loud funny and clever that it would be classified the best of the best. It surely does not define what The X-Files is, by any means. I see where it's meant to be a parody of the show, however, and give full kudos to Darin Morgan — who, in typical fashion, manages to weave together a set of memorable scenes and circumstances to tell a unique story. And maybe that's really what it's all about anyway.

Best or Worst Moment


There are all kinds of interesting moments in this one, perhaps topped by Mulder's pie-eating marathon. On the whole, however, the most enjoyable part of this episode was not any particular sequence, but the dialogue choices. My favourite? "You're a dead man."

Original Rating: * * *

No comments:

Post a Comment