xgirl's x-files x-perience REVISITED

xgirl's x-files x-perience REVISITED

Friday 27 September 2013

2X24 - Our Town

Summary


Y'know, despite the scientific education and pertinence offered by this episode towards CJ/mad-cow disease, this hour just didn't do it for me. (I mean, by rights, I should be as appalled as Scully by the thought of eating KFC, but I've merrily continued in my chicken consumption ways since seeing this ep.) Kudos for being "socially aware", however — something that I thought TXF was really good at, even when the resulting scripts weren't the most engaging. Apart from that, though, in the end, I merely saw this town as being just another one of those weird "middle America" communities that have ended up in the middle of Mulder and Scully's path over the years. These people want to eat the flesh of their neighbours so that they can live forever? Oookay...

Best or Worst Moment


"Help, I'm on my knees and I can't get up!" Seeing our Agent Scully almost destined for some sort of human stew was a bit alarming, but I couldn't help but laugh at how she was "restrained". There was no way that she could have gotten out of that head band thingamajig?? Or was it something about the way she was kneeling that she couldn't straighten up? Oh well, Mulder to the rescue.

Original Rating: *

No comments:

Post a Comment